The Bi-Folding Bookcase Murphy Bed is a great alternative for those who don't have or don't want to give up the wall space for the Library Wall Bed. The bookcases that hide the bed are mounted on the sides of the cabinet with heavy duty hinges. These bookcases easily bi-fold to the sides to reveal the bed. With the other four wall bed styles, as attractive as they are, the doors or panel that close and hide the bed have no additional function. These bookcases can handle 125 pounds each, so hop on! As an additional feature, the nightstands have been created by having "cut away" the side of the hinged bookcases, creating a nice shelf. In addition, we have included a sloped headboard and LED lighting. Finally, the price includes an 8" Kirkling Serta mattress.
The side cabinets can be configured differently if some other use is needed. The main drawback to this set-up is that you need the two side cabinets (so that the bookcases have somewhere to fold to when opened) and as a result, you need a fairly large clean wall space. This bed and cabinet do not require floor mounting, but do need to be attached to the wall behind.
- Low-profile Murphy mechanism with birch slats and a Serta Kirkling 8" high density foam mattress with 6" foam core and 2" gel topper
- Full-length piano hinges on the front bookcases, both at the cabinet and at the bi-fold area. The hinges allow the bookcase to pivot out and wrap around the side of the bed.
- Cut-away bookcases which act as a nightstand shelf when the units are open.
- Side bookcases:
- As tall as the bed cabinet and as wide as the bookcase doors when open
- Includes lower doors on the left and right. These doors are Tansu style unless noted otherwise. They have soft-close European hinges and small wood pegs.
- Optional upper doors on the left and right:
- 23 1/4"t
- Add $350 for the pair
Full - 90"w x 26"d x 85"t Projection when open is 83"
Queen - 99"w x 26"d x 90"t Projection when open is 88"